Here is a quick look at my top five reasons:
5. It is Sexy! Yes I said sexy, hear me out. When you understand a complex topic you are more confident. Confidence adds to your sexy status – big time! So learn more, increase your confidence and be sexier.
4. Be the life of the party. When you can join into many conversations and have an intelligent comment then more people will want to talk with you. Money and investing news are big topics at parties, so learn more about your money and you will have more interesting things to say. Making you the life of the party!
3. Only you are looking out for your best interests. On to the more serious side! We would love to think that our advisors, friends and family are looking out for our good. Unfortunately that is not always the case.
There are many ways your well meaning helpers may not be helping:
Remember only you can look after your best interests.
2. It’s your money. Only you can take full responsibility for it. Even if you delegate everything you still need to be able to understand where your money is invested. Why that is good for you and when you may need to pull it from an investment. If your advisor loses your money it is still your responsibility. If you did not understand what he or she was doing. You cannot delegate responsibility. If they were doing something that was wrong for your portfolio and you did not say stop – you are responsible.
1. When your money is healthy you can change the world. Money can get in the way of you achieving your dreams. It is stressful and draining if it is not cared for. When your money is healthy and you don’t have financial stress you can focus on your passions. Making this world a better place.
So go on, learn about your money and change the world, be the life of the party and be sexy! It is up to you!